Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Councilwoman Mrs. Ben Wyatt

Do you watch Parks and Recreation? You should! It is, objectively, the funniest show in the world and features one of the best female characters to ever hit the screen. Seriously, I frequently ask myself, "What would Leslie Knope do?" and last week, when I had to stay up basically all night every night for work, I reminded myself that Leslie Knope would LOVE to be up all night working on a project, so I should love it too. It kind of worked. :-) 

Recently, Parks and Recreation aired the episode I've long been waiting for: the Leslie and Ben wedding episode! It was magical and hilarious ,but my favorite part was when Ben said, "I really want you to take my last name… it’s just really important to me symbolically that Leslie Knope disappears and becomes Leslie Wyatt. Or Councilwoman Mrs. Ben Wyatt. That’s fine, too. It’s a deal breaker." Leslie's face was priceless, and I am so grateful to this show for making a joke about how ridiculous it is for a man to demand a woman take his last name. 

Congratulations Leslie and Ben! I hope you have many more seasons of love together. 



P.S. I wish I had been like Leslie, and asked for a wedding dress that captured "the sensuality of Eleanor Roosevelt combined with the animal magnetism of Lesley Stahl.”

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you've heard this before but THANK YOU so much for this series of posts! Such a wonderful compilation of opinions and choices described through the eyes of the people themselves. :)

    ReplyDelete